The Company was set up in 1979 by the current Managing Director as D&D Brickwork and initially worked extensively as brickwork subcontractors. During the early years the nature of the works changed and in 1994 the company became D&D Construction (UK) Ltd to reflect its move from a single trade capability into a multi-trade construction company. The contracts included new build, refurbishment, day to day maintenance and major incident call out.
In more recent times the company has developed and expanded further and now work in partnership on many contracts direct with Network Rail Ltd, London Underground Ltd, Transport for London and Tube Lines Ltd. These are the main companies tasked with the ongoing refurbishment and maintenance of the entire Network Rail and London Underground Networks.
Activities include new builds and extensive refurbishment and maintenance work. Our Head Offices are situated in Basildon, Essex. Head office functions include pre-contract planning, surveying, estimating, formal tendering, contract review, procurement and financial activities.
Construction projects are actioned on client sites, as defined within the applicable contractual specifications.
The company has built a reputation for quality workmanship and reliability, with ever increasing emphasis being placed on project service and process quality to ensure client satisfaction. The company is committed to continuous improvement as a means of developing the procedures in place to ensure the client’s requirements are always satisfied and often exceeded.
D&D Rail Limited is committed to providing our clients with product quality and service above the level of their expectations. The company is also committed to ongoing programmes of training to continuously improve all areas of the company and the effectiveness of the quality management system.
Our philosophy is that working toward these objectives will result in continued expansion and rewards for all current and future personnel.
The above will be achieved by:
- Making a total commitment to quality from all levels, particularly from company management, ensuring communication and understanding of this throughout the company.
- Sharing the company commitment with all employees and explaining their responsibility to support it.
- Maintaining ongoing programmes for the continuous improvement of D&D Rail Limited processes and services, including addressing company problem areas.
- A commitment to complying with, and continuous improvement of, an effective Quality Management System consistent with the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2015. This will be reviewed within an agreed framework to ensure continual suitability to the purpose of the organisation.
- Sharing with all company staff both our successes and areas needing improvement.