Project: Acton Town Station – Step Free Access & Modernisation Project
Client: Tube Lines Limited
Works Value: £1.2 Million
Station modernisation works including strip-out of existing rooms, demolition and formation of new rooms including the new secure suite. This included the following:
- Demolition and strip out of existing fixtures and fittings.
- Removal of floor finishes.
- Removal and replacement of stair nosings and tread finishes.
- Removal and replacement of platform nosing stones.
- Refurbishment of existing fixtures and fittings and existing GLAP.
- Replacement entrance matwell.
- New wall construction
- New rendering and plastering.
- New ceilings and floor screeds.
- New sanitaryware.
- New fixtures and fittings.
- New doorsets including signage and ironmongery.
- New window openings.
- New anti-pigeon measures.
- New raised access floors.
- Formation of new ducts and manholes.
- Various penetrations / core holes.
- Cleaning of various floor and wall areas.
- Painting new platform edges including lettering.
- Re-staining & re-varnishing woodwork.
- Painting walls, ceilings and metalwork.
- Brickwork and concrete repairs.
- Removal of existing and painting of new anti-graffiti coatings.
- Glazing repairs.
- Roof repairs.
- Replacement and painting of soffit areas.