Project: Bollo House – Civils, Electrical & Fire Disciplines for Lift Replacement
Client: Tube Lines Limited
Works Value: £40,000
The existing lift at Bollo House was built circa 1996. To enable this to meet DDA requirements, a new wider lift needed to be installed. Our task was to create wider and re-configured entrances at three levels in conjunction with the lift replacement, as well as introduce a new fire detection system within the Lift Shaft, provide power for the new lift and maintain the fire compartmentation within the Lift Shaft.
Fire Compartmentation Works:
- Spray all existing steelwork within the Lift Shaft (Including connections), with Cafco Mandolite to provide one hour fire protection.
- Fire stop penetrations with approved products under our company FIRAS accreditation.
Fire Detection System Works:
- Smoke detection was added to the top of the Lift Shaft and disused Lift Pump Room, including additional cabling and junction boxes as required to integrate the new equipment into the existing fire alarm system loop.
- Installing a fire recall signal relay to signal the lift controller in the event of a fire (from any detector within the building). Therefore the lift would return to road level with the doors in the open position and become inoperable.
- Carry out commissioning of existing fire system to bring new detection equipment into use.
Installation of new fuses, isolators, electrical cabling, earth cabling, containment and commando sockets to provide the new lift with its’ electrical power supply. We also provided NICEIC Test Certification for the new electrical installation.
- Support walls and cut out existing lintels. Widen existing openings and install new lintels over lift entrances at all three levels.
- Plaster and paint all three lift entrance elevation walls surrounding new openings.
- Fix new floor and skirting tiles to all three lift entrance levels surrounding new openings.
- Provide penetrations to enable new electrical and fire systems to be installed.
- Removal of bund wall, screed floor, paint walls, lay new vinyl flooring and remove door signage to convert redundant Lift Pump Room into new Store Room.