Project: Moorgate Station – PRM Lift
Client: LUL – SWIP
Works Value: £165,000
Our task was to install RMD Kwikform Superslim Soldier components in two forms to act as supporting and working platform systems. The first form was to erect and prop the underside of 2/291 Mess Room floor slab external of the new lift shaft cut line from 2/951 Disused Area & 2/793 Vent Shaft. The second form was to erect a working platform internal of the new lift shaft cut line within 2/951 Disused Area, to enable the demolition of the reinforced concrete floor slab within 2/291 Mess Room. Edge protection was fixed into position where required to perimeter of new lift shaft cut line within 2/291 Mess Room prior to any demolition works commencing.
The demolition of the reinforced concrete floor slab within 2/291 Mess Room also involved the staged cutting and removal of existing embedded structural steelwork beams and columns. Once the floor slab had been removed, the working platform internal of the new lift shaft cut line within 2/951 Disused Area was struck, leaving the propping system in situ whilst lift shaft installation works were to be carried out.
Following floor slab demolition, the existing masonry and concrete filled column within 2/951 Disused Areas was demolished progressively down to basement floor level. This included the staged cutting and removal of existing embedded structural steelwork columns.
Other works on this project included:
- Forming a fire rated hoarding under the FIRAS Accreditation Scheme within 2/291 Mess Room to segregate the worksite, then demolition of brickwork wall leading to public area 2/202 Passage.
- Installation of a flat jack and jacking system to support existing loaded beam over subway to 2/602 Stairs.
- Installation of Kee Klamp barrier system to close off and prevent public use to 2/602 Stairs.
- Forming fire rated hoardings under the FIRAS Accreditation Scheme to 2/261 Eastbound Platform 1, 2/203 Passage, Crossrail Area proposed lift access/egress point at streel level, and Crossrail Area proposed stair access/egress point at streel level.
- Penetration sealing under the FIRAS Accreditation Scheme to Crossrail area high level to proposed lift access/egress, and proposed stair access/egress point at streel level.
- Installation of new fire rated door set under the FIRAS Accreditation Scheme to Crossrail Area within existing Isoclad hoarding dividing Crossrail worksite and public areas.
Crossrail Hoarding Installation:
Crossrail Hoarding Door Installation:
Disused Area Masonry & Concrete Filled Column Removal:
Disused Area RMD Installation:
Disused Area RMD Strike:
Platform 1 Hoarding Installation:
Mess Room Slab Demolition:
Mess Room Steelwork Removal:
Mess Room Steelwork Removal Prior to Slab Demolition:
Mess Room Strike Working Platform Following Slab Removal:
Mess Room Wall Demolition:
Passage Hoarding Installation:
Passage Kee Klamp Safety Barrier Installation:
Stairs Close Off:
Stairs RMD Installation:
Street Level RMD Delivery: