Project: Morden Station- New Stepping Back Office (Premises, Civils, Electrical and Fire)
Client: Tube Lines Limited
Works Value: £125,000
We were awarded a work package for the formation of a new Stepping Back Office at Morden Station. This work package included Premises, Civils, Electrical and Fire scopes. The existing DMT’s Office was to have a change of use to become a Stepping Back Office. In addition to this the adjacent Switch Room was to be upgraded and made compliant to LUL standards. Due to the change of use the scope included for making this and adjoining rooms fire compliant.
The Civils scope included the following:
- Installation of a new structural opening to the east and south elevations & strengthening of the brick piers either side of the new openings.
- Removal of the existing timber floor in the adjacent Switch Room and replacing with mass concrete.
The Premises Scope included the following works:
- Replacement of floor finishes
- The re-plastering and decoration of the internal walls.
- Installation of new suspended ceiling incorporating recessed lighting.
- Installation of new powder coated aluminium windows and a stable door set.
- Installation of new timber door sets, one of which was 1hour fire rated.
The Mechanical Scope included the following works:
- Removal of redundant water pipes, heater and reciting of existing heater to allow for new furniture install.
The Electrical Scope included the following works:
- The existing electrical main distribution was non-compliant which was replaced,
- an additional distribution board was installed in the new office along with multi compartment dado trunking with 13A sockets.
- New lights were installed in all areas and a new heater.
The Fire Scope included the following works:
- Upgrading rooms which were listed as disused or currently used rooms converted to ½ hour or 1 hour compartmentation.
- Installing new fire detection equipment and call points.
- The PA system was extended to these rooms also.
- Existing fire stopping was removed and redone to achieve the appropriate fire rating.
- New fire escape signage was provided to suit the new layout.
- New firefighting equipment was supplied and fitted to the new rooms.
In addition to the above works, all penetrations were fire stopped by our FIRAS Trained operatives. This included bring the adjacent Switch Room up to a 1 hour fire compartment.
On completion of the project the works were handed over to our client TLL and the relevant handover documentation submitted including Red Line Drawings, Inspection and Test Plans, Certificates of Conformity and associated test certification.